It’s fair to say our dedicated team of talented folk (and delivery trucks) have enjoyed a fair bit of travel in 2016. It feels incredible to say it, but in the last 12 months we have actually done over 215 events reaching from as far south as the quiet town of Picton all the way north to the dynamic Coffs Harbour coast. Oh my!
The Crab Apple Hire & Style warehouse of goodies has indeed had a workout; music festivals, television shows, markets, weddings, parties, corporate events and styled photo shoots have all experienced a little Crab Apple-ness. We have actually been so busy we had to expand our range and have filled up two extra warehouses.
This year has definitely been a ‘hold onto your hats’, super fun rollercoaster ride, which we would happily line-up again for in 2017 – so to all the beautiful people we met in 2016, including clients, contributors, stylists and sub-contractors, thank you, thank you, thank you. You are our inspiration and keep us coming back for more!
We have some exciting projects organised for the New Year and are keen to delve into more winter weddings – so if you have a winter celebration planned we’d love you to get in touch.
Highlights from our epic year of adventures and events:
- Music festivals: We have been blessed to style and supply furniture, lighting, you name it, for Lighthouse Folk Festival, Light up the Lake, Beat Bender at the Lockup.
- Television: A number of television opportunities popped up, and took us to the sets of The Great Australian Bake Off, SBS Agency Challenge, My Kitchen Rules, and Food Bytes at Cockatoo Island.
- Markets: Our favourite local markets are bursting with bespoke talent and innovation, and we were stoked to be involved with Sacred Tree, Olive Tree, and Hunt & Gather (including Sunset Gather).
- Parties and weddings: In addition to many gorgeous weddings, we also helped celebrate 21st’s, 16th’s, 40th’s, engagements, baby showers, baptisms and high teas. We even did an elopement shoot at Redhead Beach with some lanky-legged extras threatening to upstage the loved-up couple – camels!
- Corporate shindigs: We are extremely thankful to have been involved in fundraisers for a range of amazing causes, as well as trade shows, mother’s day functions, school formals, and of course, Christmas parties.
- Styled photo shoots: Alongside talented photographers and stylists, we have worked at some knock-your-socks-off types of locations, including Redleaf Wollombi, Wollombi Barnstay, The Lockup, 48 Watt, and The Rooftop.
- Most popular items hired: bars and bar stools, timber trestle tables, vintage style lighting, heaps of our eclectic range of decorator pieces (with much love for our terracotta pots and plants), plus one of our new faves – a recycled timber cabana.
- Shout outs: The fun times and challenges of 2016 wouldn’t have been possible without Little Wren Flowers, Keegan Cronin Photography, Little Black Bow Photography, Mim Concepts, Café Wollombi, Scotties Catering, Curly Tree Photography and so many, many more.